Common cough, mouth ulcers and high blood sugar—Tulsi is a soldier that can singlehandedly win many battles!
From warding off common ailments, strengthening immunity, fighting bacterial and viral infections to combating and treating various hair and skin disorders— tulsi (Holy Basil or Ocimum sanctum) is an easy-to-grow plant that can help resolve a host of health and lifestyle-related issues.
Here are 12 awesome reasons why you must include tulsi in your daily diet:
1. A change in weather almost always has a negative effect on immunity. During this time, boil a concoction of tulsi leaves, ginger, cardamom, turmeric and jaggery and drink this hot drink to stay away from the common cold and cough.
2. The plant also has strong anti-bacterial properties to help you quickly recover from fevers.
3. A deficiency of Vitamin A may lead to compromised immunity, hematopoiesis and in severe cases, night blindness. Since tulsi contains healthy doses of the vitamin, its regular consumption can help you avoid the deficiency. The good news is you don’t have to chew the bitter leaves to avail benefits. Try this organic tulsi honey which goes perfectly with cereals, tea or fruits!
4. Studies have proven that regular consumption of tulsi leads to regulates blood pressure levels. Thus, if you have high blood pressure, adding the medicinal herb in your regular diet is an excellent idea.
5. If you have its juice regularly, its oleanolic acid contents can also help regulate blood sugar. Try this organic juice to begin the journey towards a healthy you.